Welcome to Resource Zone.

Site Submission Status

I

Igor

A couple of months back I posted my site in Computers > Consultants > Databases. I waited, sent an internal email, then resubmitted but to a more precise category - Regional > Europe > United Kingdom > Business and Economy > Computers > Software - thinking I may have entered too broad a category (even though much of my business is conducted across the web). Could some kind soul let me know how the submission is progressing. Thanks.

Hi,

I looked at the categories you submitted to. Computers/Consultants/Databases is heavily backed up. (Computers, Shopping, and Business are the areas most commercial sites are submitted to, so they often have a long wait.)

Regional/Europe/United Kingdom/Business and Economy/Computers/Software has 99 sites in unreviewed, so it's a much better bet. (You might also have considered one of the subcategories of this cat, if appropriate. Or you might have applied for the Business and Economy category of a lower level than United Kingdom.)

General advice for other submitters: The fastest way to get listed is to submit to the lowest applicable category. There's no shame to being listed on a city rather than national level in Regional, for example. Microsoft is listed at Regional/North_America/United_States/Washington/Localities/R/Redmond/Business_and_Economy .

However, dear submitters, please just pick one subcategory - don't apply for city and county and regional, etc. That just slows things down for everyone. Read the category descriptions on several levels to see where your site will fit best.

I

Igor

Thanks for that, Valerie. So if I submit to 'Regional > Europe > United Kingdom > England > Bedfordshire > Bedford > Street > Building Number > Business and Economy > Computers > Software' I might get listed yeasterday /images/icons/wink.gif. Except all the way down the line an editor is needed. Ah well, patience is a virtue. Have a good one.

jimnoble

DMOZ Meta
1. You might want to change the url in your profile.
2. You are now listed in Regional/Europe/United_Kingdom/Business_and_Economy/Computers/Software .
3. You are also dual listed in Bedford/B&E/Computers as permitted by the UK guidelines.
4. I'm a nice guy /images/icons/smile.gif.

K

kujanomiko

Darn jimnoble and his self-promotion in the forums...darn, darn, darn him...*wink*

I

Igor

Blimey! Thanks Jim. Very unexpected and delighted. I was going to say were I a woman you could have my babies. Then I checked my URL ... um, now it's highly appropriate. [For other readers, I inadvertantly dropped my partner's URL into the private contact details]

Now I should make an effort: to assist with the backlog, lets' see if I can cut it as an editor.

Many thanks once again. /images/icons/laugh.gif

Top Bottom