Urgent Request to Remove Website

Discussion in 'Quality Control Feedback' started by supplybrothers, Nov 14, 2010.

1. supplybrothers

supplybrothers Member

Hello, in the http://www.dmoz.org/Home/Consumer_Information/Office/ section there is a site entitled, "The Office Guide." I clicked on their site looking for more information. There seems to be some type of virus on this page. As I was clicking through the site a window popped up and displayed a screen that said it was checking my hard drive for a virus. I lost control of my computer and had to shut it down. This is not a quality site and should be removed immediately from the ODP, as this compromises the entire integrity of the ODP.

2. jimnoble

jimnoble DMOZ Meta DMOZ Meta

I don't get that effect when using IE8 or FF3.6.12 (popups not disabled)

Maybe they've fixed it or maybe you were attacked through some other route.

3. supplybrothers

supplybrothers Member

Hello Jimnoble. My computer is frequently scanned for viruses. So, I did not expect that to be the cause. I will look into this further and get back to you if there is another issue.

Thanks

4. Gallovidian

Gallovidian New Member

the issue seems to be in some of the linked pages. Chrome reports: The website at www.theofficeguide.com contains elements from the site insomniaboldinfoorg.com, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.

I haven't checked all the links of course.... :) HTH