How can i change dmoz site description for 5 years ago submitten website?

Discussion in 'Suggesting a Site' started by FoxRiver, Mar 10, 2012.

1. FoxRiver

FoxRiver New Member

Hi everybody,

I renewed my customers website 2 months ago and published. But still now on searching by the site name searching engines taking old meta and dmoz description on the search results.

I think "I Must change old dmoz site description" and than google takes new meta info.

What steps i must following?

Thanks.
  2. Elper

Elper DMOZ Meta RZ Admin

Hi,
    To change a description, there is an "Update" link at the top of the page the site is listed on.
    You fill the form and an editor will review your request and make the changes necessary.
    But it is unlikely that the ideal search engine description will be acceptable under our Style Guidelines...
    Perhaps you are looking for the NOODP meta tag?
    :)
  3. FoxRiver

FoxRiver New Member

5 years ago this site not submitted with my account. Difrent acc submittet. What i must do?
  4. Elper

Elper DMOZ Meta RZ Admin

As above, just use the update form (called "adres güncelle" in Turkish) on the page where the site is listed and put the extra information in the Reason ("Lütfen değişikliklerinizin niteliğini anlatın" in Turkish) field.
    Some examples (but you should fill the form in the language it's in): address changed, should be in xxx category - our new site is at this url: - new company name, please change to:
    An editor will check your request, and make any changes required. :)

By "account", did you mean you have (or had) an editor account?
  5. FoxRiver

FoxRiver New Member

Thanks elper,

I sended just righ now adress uptade request, thanks again for your helpness answers. When my new dmoz description will be show on dmoz? After editor checking?
  6. windharp

windharp DMOZ Meta DMOZ Meta

Yes, exactly. And due to the voluntary nature of our project, we can't predict when that will be. Update requests are usually handled with priority, but it still has to be processed :)